Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cook Book Tuesday Time!




It's that special day of the week again!  This week, I present the follow up to last week's Cookbook Tuesday, Momofuku Milk Bar, by Christina Tosi.  

I'm not much of a baker, but I had to have this book like everything Momofuku. Is it an obsession? Probably.  It's pretty healthy, I mean it keeps us well fed.

  I haven't really baked anything from this because, it's too hot to turn the oven on that and I live with one other person so the treats would go uneaten.  But there may be an occasional appearance in an Apartment 7 dinner/brunch.


  

I secretly daydream of a life where I work in a bakery and  slang coffee on the side.  I did do this in college, but it's not the same because I worked for the college.  Anyways, I would ride my bike to work and pet all the dogs I see along the way.  But then I snap out if it and go back to my desk life. 

Like all my books, this one is one part autobiography and most parts cookbook.  What I love about this book is that it is not a your cutesy baking book with flowery shit.  The measurements are in grams!  It's like the Madewell to the J.Crew.  It's the fun tomboy baking book that is super fun to hang out with and talk about listening to records. '

Tosi takes cereals, candy, and miso and works them into her baking and it's amazing how it all comes together. 



This book reminds me that, sometimes you don't have to grow up and have to have grown up taste buds. 




No comments:

Post a Comment